Future – Centurion Diesel Engines
Our future prospects
We have signed a contract with Centurion Diesel Engines as a service center. Centurion engines as state-of the-art jet fuel piston aircraft engines show important development achievements: electronic engine management FADEC gearbox with torsional damper, adaption of fuel system for kerosene. For this reason the CENTURION ENGINES offer the advantages safety comfort, cost effectiveness and good performance in comparison to conventional avgas engines.
- Electronic engine and prop management with single lever control.
- Electronic data logging to record all the engine data during flight. The data recording and storage is comparable with the black box used in jets. The electronic engine management thus permits data to be saved that is required for the maintenance, fault analysis and the ongoing improvement of the engine.
- Ease of maintenance.
- Modern technology in the overall design, components, materials and production process (traceability back to molten mass).
- Single lever control enables low workload for pilot. This pilot is his own flight guest because adjustments of levers for load, mixture, revs, prop settings etc. are no longer necessary.
- Automatic run up check.
- Availability of fuel. Kerosene and diesel are usable in any mixture ration (kerosene represents over 99.5 per cent of delivered aviation fuel worldwide).
- Faster maintenance, repair and overhaul meaning no aircraft grounded for weeks.
- Reduction of operating cost up to 60 per cent because of low consumption and lower fuel price.
- Lower training costs.
- Excellent climb performance up to 13500 ft and approved to 18,000ft.
- 135 hp take off power and 122 hp in 10000 ft.
- 97 hp cruise power in 17,500 ft.
- Longer range